Business Unit Manager (Rewinds)
From £50,000 - Birmingham
Posted: 12th, Jul 2017
Reference N°: 38788
An opportunity for a skilled and experienced Electrical Engineer to with a strong background in high voltage machine repair and electrical rewinding.You will hold overall responsibility for the rewinding department, giving a variety of commercial, technical and management leadership to both small contracts and large international projects.Main tasks and responsibilities
· Ensure all aspects of the Business unit conform to the relevant Quality Environmental and Health & Safety requirements and that a safe working environment is maintained.
· Full P&L responsibility for Business unit.
· Business Management of all requirements from Customers internal or External and stakeholders within the value chain.
· Work closely with Projects team on small and large UK and International projects.
· Development and management of a close partnership with the Sales force, in order to develop profitable growth opportunities
· Development and management of partnerships with end customers both internal and external, in close collaboration with the Sales force
· Optimisation of existing process’ s and service offerings
· Acting as a change agent in developing the right culture, capable of delivering targeted growth
· Continuously improve skills, ways of working, processes and tools within the unit (LEAN).
· Work closely with Branch Management team
· Process improvement of existing facilities
· Work closely with team members to support safety, quality, and cost targets
· Drive improvement of strategy deployment
· Develop the right « Service Culture» within the Business unitThe CandidateYou will be a HNC/HND qualified engineer, who has ideally pursued further business administration or management qualifications.You must have experience working with high voltage machine repairs, including remanufacture of replacement parts and electrical rewindingIt’ s essential you have worked with multi discipline teams in a health & safety and quality driven environment.The Package£55,000 - £60,000 + Car + Pvt Medical We operate & advertise as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions