From £27,000 - Bedfordshire
Posted: 10th, Sep 2017
Reference N°: 39249
To provide through applications and customer support team, a superior level of technical sales support to customers all over the world. Respond efficiently to telephone and email enquiries on a daily basis. Select and quote product solutions. Maximise sales turnover and profitability through customer care and sales skills.
Specific Duties :
· Carry out technical/commercial review of customer orders prior to releasing to factory
· Select product solutions for a wide range of applications, by use of lookup tables, computer programs and calculations.
· Provide clear guidance to Engineering Design of customer’ s technical requirements (via input document).
· Negotiate and close orders.
· Respond or acknowledge commercial and technical enquiries.
· Enter and expedite orders as necessary.
· Write technical reports and papers.
· Provide maximum support to any agreed strategic sales campaign.
· Occasionally produce new product specifications.
· Produce presentations in MS PowerPoint.
· Ability to contribute within a continuous improvement environment (Kaizen).
· Make occasional field visits to customers and distributors (domestic and overseas), sometimes during unsociable hours.
· Help plan and attend exhibitions as directed.
· Manage and track any marine specific orders whilst in the D.O. to ensure timely transit and co-ordinate customer interface actions as required.
· Liaison role to co-ordinate the submission of assembly drawings for customer approval. Manage changes as required / requested. Manage the final submission of certified drawings and special documentation as detailed in the customer order / contract review questionnaire.
· Become knowledgeable on the Marine clutch controls in order to provide secondary customer support, troubleshooting as required. (Occasional commissioning of controls on board vessel)
· Capable of understanding the manufacturing costing system to enable cost estimating for new assembly proposals.
· Be prepared to assist with any reasonable request to support the business.The CandidateHave an understaning, appreciation and general knowledge of rotating machinery, preferably having worked with the marine industry.The Package£27-35,000 depending on experience
37 hours a week flexible working. Core hours 9-12.30 2-4.30
25 days holiday plus bank holidays. We operate & advertise as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions