A well-established instrumentation manufacturing company that are going through a period of growth.
The overall purpose of the job is to win business for the company by representing the company to customers, providing a pleasant, helpful, and timely experience for customers, and to be responsible for:
1. Providing a timely response to all customer enquiries in accordance with customer requirements and agreed targets.
2. Formulation, with cooperation from relevant internal staff, of detailed and timely technical responses and quotations.
3. Progressing enquiries to become firm customer orders.
• To receive customer enquiries, either by email or phone and to provide immediate response as appropriate.
• To evaluate each enquiry and decide on an appropriate response.
• Where required, generate a detailed technical response and/or a formal quotation.
• Visits to customer sites in the UK & abroad, for sales presentations and product demonstrations.
• Collaborate with all available company resources to fulfil customer requirements.
• Monitor the progress of live enquiries and maintain contact with customers to progress enquiries to firm orders.
• Maintain the CRM system and frequently update records of enquiries and the sales pipeline.
• Provide the Sales Manager with a weekly report on the status of all enquiries on the system, including recommended actions for individual enquiries.
A good degree in science or a related technical subject.
Minimum 2-3 years experience of scientific sales in a customer-facing position.
Knowledge of sales pipeline and process.
Experience in using CRM systems.
Excellent command of written and spoken English.
Ability to write sales reports and present in meetings.
Willing to travel to trade shows, conferences, and customer sites both in the UK and abroad.
Ability to work to deadlines and complete tasks in a timely fashion, to meet customer requirements.
Right to employment in the UK.
Full UK driving licence.
The salary offered for this position is £30,000- £35,000 to a candidate that can meet all key qualifications and abilities.
We operate & advertise as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.