Permanent Staff | Luton
A well-established electronics manufacturer.
As a confident Cost Accountant, it will be your responsibility to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the inventory and cost reporting including: WIP Inventory reconciliations, BOM approvals, takt- time reviews etc.
Your ability to create and maintain strong relationships will see you support the annual stock count and asset validation processes and while maintaining steady and efficient liaison with the operations department.
Your experience will see you support the implementation of reporting and control process improvements significantly benefiting the business.
As Cost Accountant you will not only be relying on your communicative skills but also your analytical skills. You will prepare margin analysis, investigate variances, calculating labour efficiencies. This will see you support the Financial Controller with Budget and Forecasting and have significant ownership within month end.
• Manage all standard costs, labour rates and associated manufacturing variances across the business
• Manage all the variance reporting, including transfer pricing, commercial and operational.
• Management of the inventory, including all associated reporting and analysis
• Apportionment of overhead by allocation models.
• Analyse, communicate monthly reports and advise departments about production variances and gross margins
• Conduct inventory management with all relating financial ratios.
• Ensure that the stock and scrap reconciliations are completed, and stock provisioned as necessary
• Provide solid business partnering to the senior team demonstrating integrity and a proactive approach.
• Ensure projects such as Installation, maintenance and repairs are correctly accounted for.
• Reconciliation of R&D projects.
• Preparation of management accounts including preparation of accruals, overheads variance analysis and intercompany reconciliations.
• Adhere to month end, budget, ad-hoc and business deadlines.
• Control productivity savings and capital expenditure reporting
• Assist the Financial Controller in relation to the reporting of month end financials, VAT returns, budgeting, planning and forecasting.
High level of commercial acumen and an influential approach to reporting the monthly figures.
Full or part qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA and have worked with both financial and commercial reporting.
Have experience within a similar role.
The ability to hit the ground running with this role would be highly advantageous.
Strong communication skills, this role will require you to build and maintain strong relationships with the operations team - effectively communicating important financial matters with individuals from non- finance backgrounds.
Possess strong organisational and analytical skills with attention to detail.
Knowledge of BOMs and routings, transfer pricing calculations, unrealised profit in inventory provision calculations, inventory provisions and adjustments and year-end audit requirements.
Experience of ERP systems (specifically Epicor) would be a distinct advantage.
The salary offered for this position is £32,000- £45,000 to a candidate that can meet all key qualifications and abilities.