Our West Sussex based client is a leader on the design and manufacture of high cost, low volume specialist equipment. Due to continued growth, they require Buyer Team Leader.
To act as the Supply Chain first point-of-contact for the Manufacturing team and represent Supply Chain team interests in interactions with Operations & Engineering teams.
Duties include but are not limited to supporting activities relative to supplier communication, and order management, making and executing decisions to ensure uninterrupted product / material flow.
Close liaison and active contribution with Planning, Sales, Engineering and Manufacturing disciplines (team approach). The job is also highly focussed on change management, accountable for the management and execution of all supplier ECN/concession related activities.
• Maintain supply relationships with vendors employing supply chain management techniques to ensure the timely and cost-effective supply of goods and services.
• Supervision of all buyer activities, ensuring workload is well balanced and that the team continues to be effective. Continuously evaluate and improve buying processes to reduce waste and increase productivity.
• Direct responsibility for the placing of discrete (MRP) purchase orders and the processing of supplier order acknowledgments, updating of blanket purchase orders (BPO) and triggering Kanban pulls (e-KB) for printed circuit board assemblies (PCBA) in conjunction with the Commodity Manager.
• Ensure completion of daily MRP output with due consideration given to maximising delivery schedule, keep the system updated with accurate pricing and lead time data.
• Analyse and evaluate quotations submitted in response to RFQ requests to ensure that quality, capability, and costs are satisfactory to meet targets.
• Responsibility for adhering to the Company’s ISO 9001 Quality, ISO14001 Environmental and Health and Safety management systems and contributing to continuous improvement initiatives.
Computer literate and good understanding of manufacturing systems (MRP, ERP, MPS) highly proficient in the use of the Microsoft office suite of products, especially Excel to extract ERP data to provide detailed reports/analysis.
A proven track record in the buying of printed circuit board assemblies (PCBA) and a good understanding of the PCBA manufacturing process is a distinct advantage due to the complexity involved in that critical commodity.
Modern supply methods including Kanban proficient
Proven ability to develop strategic supplier relationships, solve problems creatively, and apply critical thinking skills
Strong understanding and commitment to environmental issues and skilled in supply chain greening.
Ability to collaborate & influence across departmental lines