A leading engineering going through sustainable growth and looking to expand the machine shop.
• Programming, set and operate a variety of CNC machines, both sliding head and fixed head lathes. (Star, Miyano & Citizen)
• Manufacturing components to tolerance, maintaining a high standard of work.
• Using all inspection equipment required to check the components (Vernier’s, micrometers, height gauges, shadow graphs etc)
• Setting machines effectively with no input required from other employees.
• Preparing the machines to run unmanned, either over night or over the weekend.
• Programming machines at the control, offline and using our CAM system (Esprit)
• Creating tool sheets to aid the setting and running of the machines.
• Meeting pre-set targets (Cycle times, run times, setup times etc.)
• Basic maintenance when required (changing filters, keeping oils topped up, replacing consumable parts etc.)
• Preparing raw material for the machine.
• Deburring components as required.
• Maintaining a clean and tidy work area.
Confident turning experience
Experience with FANUC controls
Can interpret technical drawings.
Familiar and confident with using a range of cutting tools.
Knowledge of feeds and speeds in a variety of materials.
Able to set sliding head & fixed CNC lathes
The salary offered for this position is £22,00- £32,000 pa to a candidate that can meet all key qualifications and abilities.
OT paid at 1.5x
Monday to Thursday: 07:30 to 4:15pm, Fridays: 07:30 to 12:30pm
We operate & advertise as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions