Our client is a leading engineering company that offer a superb working environment and culture. They are looking for a Controls Support Engineer to complete remove and on site upgrade and commissioning activities.
The role is multi-disciplined, and includes in depth problem analysis, problem solving, programming on site and from remote.
• Problems with current control systems comprising HMI/SCADA/PLC/Protection Relays/AVR’s and ancillary equipment.
• Control systems wiring and interfaces with customer equipment.
• Organising and or repairing any malfunctions found.
Development work: -
• Changes to the control and monitoring systems confirming to standards. Following safety regulations to ensure control systems are safe.
• Creating equipment and systems that help a machine run smoothly. Analyse plant processes, design and implement improvements.
• Collaborating with design engineers to build better functioning machines and systems.
• Using listening skills to apply updates according to customers' needs.
• Plan preventative maintenance.
Skills and knowledge
The following skills and knowledge are required:
• PLC programming: Siemens step 7 or Allen Bradley Logix (Wonderware and Siemens step 5 would be a bonus)
• Ability to adequately plan and prepare for allocated tasks both for yourself and for others
• Bachelor’s degree in Control and Systems Engineering, Automation and Control or another relevant discipline engineering. (Electrical, manufacturing preferred)
Up to £45,000