Service Engineer - Job Description
A new position has arisen for a Service Engineer within our fast paced and rapidly growing customer support organization. Reporting to the Service Manager, this role will focus on Customer Service & Support and include installation/commissioning and upgrades of capital equipment at customers' premises, as well as warranty support. The territory to attend will be Global; worldwide travel is essential.
The Service Engineer will be geographically located in the UK Head office (Bedford) as part of a team providing 24/7 technical support to our customer base. You will be required to travel to customers' sites to lead Installation and upgrade projects and to carry out service & inspection work in line with on-going service schedules. While at site, you will be required to co-ordinate installation resources, liaise with the customer to resolve any problems, ensuring a successful conclusion to the relevant installation / project. The engineer will also be responsible for increasing our customer service activity ensuring relevant and timely reports are submitted as required.
The successful candidate should have the following skills and experience:
• Experience in the maintenance and operation of slitting & rewinding equipment would be an advantage.
• An understanding of basic mechanical and/or electrical engineering principles and previous maintenance or a service engineering background.
• Strong background in a field-based customer support role.
• A basic experience of working within remote diagnostic, technical support solutions in a customer support environment is desirable.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• The ability to work on your own initiative.
• Good level of multi-skilling (electrics, mechanics, pneumatics, hydraulics, etc...).
• The ability to communicate verbally and in writing to a high level in English is essential and other languages would be a great attribute.
The successful candidate will need to be a strong influencer with excellent commercial acumen. They will be an effective stakeholder manager who is able to build and maintain relationships which add value to the business.