A manufacturing engineering company based in West Sussex require a dynamic and self-motivated Manufacturing Engineer that will lead by example. This role will help drive our new business model forwards.
The ideal candidate will possess many of the requirements detailed below, however if you are already, or have been in a similar role we would still like to hear from you.
Our new business model provides the following core competencies:
• Precision engineered products (CNC turning and milling)
• Mechanical and electrical assembly
• Sheet metal work and fabrication
• New product introduction and project management
The main purpose of the role includes:
Quotation and Costing Processes:
• To assist in the preparation of costings and submission of customer quotations using the business quotation tool and process.
• Ensure that work is carried out in line with customer’s drawings, specifications and terms and conditions.
• Organise supplier, customer, and internal quotation review meetings.
• Procure raw materials and request sub-contract process prices and lead times.
• To focus on improving machining efficiency through set up reduction and new machining techniques.
• Lead by example by actively reviewing existing WOs/product and find ways to reduce set/run time.
• Review plan vs actual existing routings and identify opportunities to reduce lead time.
• Support actions necessary to improve asset/machine utilization across the factory.
• Support new machine justification as and when required.
Programming & Machining Processes:
• Organise and plan your own workload and work closely with your peers to complete departmental workload on time.
• Demonstrate a can-do attitude at all time and support driving a continuous improvement culture.
• Program the shop floor CNC mills and CNC lathes using offline programming software, ensuring production is kept to maximum capacity.
• Focus on improving machining efficiency, including set up reduction.
• Set and operate machines when required (to support production).
• Support new tooling, equipment, and machine justification process.
• Utilise the business quotation process for all customer quotations.
• Provide technical support to production and project teams.
• Attend production, project and quality meetings when required.
• To program shop floor CNC lathes and CNC mills, including the use of offline programming software e.g., Open Mind Hypermill, Solidworks etc.
• To design fixtures for holding components during the manufacturing process, to ensure optimum manufacture. This will require the use of CAD software e.g., Solidworks
• To program and set machines and prove out the created programs are correct and can be handed over to production engineers.
• To maintain the program database information and numbering system.
• To update and improve existing programs to utilise new tooling techniques and technologies.
• Good communication, planning and organisational skills.
• Engineering qualification and background
• Self-motivated with the ability to prioritise tasks and duties.
• Well organised with an enthusiastic, positive can-do attitude.
• Intermediate/Advanced MS office skills (Excel/Word/PowerPoint/Project/Visio)
• CAD/CAM programming experience.
• Able to use offline programming software e.g., Open Mind Hypermill, Solidworks.
• Able to train, coach and mentor employees.
• AS9100 and/or ISO9001 experience is preferred.
• Understanding of CNC turning and milling machining processes.
• Change management experience/process mapping/5S/TPM and factory transformation.