A leading supplier and distributor of perforated metal and plastic products
To plan production schedules and optimise resource utilisation (material, tooling etc.) to meet customer requirements for quality and delivery. Coordinate, communicate and report production and workflow to other internal functions and personnel.
This role gives you opportunity to play a major part in an autonomous manufacturing team and to work with the management team in meeting business objectives.
Tasks will include:
• To plan production daily to meet customer demand and target stock levels directing work through the Team Leaders.
• To prepare job cards (route cards, inspection instructions, green orders) and ensure that they are fit for purpose in terms of clarity of information and instruction
• To maintain controlled drawing register (hard copy drawings) to review prior to release after issue when job is repeating and to ensure good quality copies are maintained in job pack.
• Review and update any job packs in light of customer concerns, suggestions or internal defect reports.
• To maintain job boards to ensure smooth changeovers and to maximise press efficiency and where practical make use of SMED disciplines.
• Maximise capacity/efficiency through efficient resource utilisation
• Ensure production targets and quality standards are achieved
• Plan workload to minimise scrap
• Plan workload to minimise line clean downs (plastic punching’s etc.)
Experience with production/manufacturing planning
Ideally a mechanical engineering background
Happy being hands on
Very strong Excel experience
Good communication and leadership
Numerate and literate
The salary offered for this position is £25,000pa up to £37,000 to a candidate that can meet all key qualifications and abilities
Plus a 19% bonus.
If interested please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org