A well-established instrumentation manufacturing company.
My client is looking for a qualified Production Planner to organise production according to demand and quality standards. You will need to ensure our goods are produced on time for distribution to our customers and distributors.
An excellent production planner will be well-versed in production procedures and ways to optimise them. They need to be organised and results-driven with great problem-solving skills. Excellent communication and computer skills are also key to the role.
• Coordinate production workflow for multiple products.
• Plan and prioritise operations to ensure maximum performance and minimum delay.
• Propose and implement continuous improvements in own area.
• Maximise Production Efficiency time with effective planning processes.
• Determine manpower, equipment and raw materials needed to cover production demand.
• Assign operational staff to production orders.
• Monitor and drive timely completion of production orders.
• Address issues when they arise aiming for minimum disruption.
• Monitor raw material flows and follow up shortages with Senior Buyer.
• Prepare and submit status and performance reports.
• Analysing changes in demand and update appropriate data in operating system.
• Collaborate with quality control, warehouse, and other staff.
• Review customer schedules and ensure demand can be met, liaising directly with Customers Services Administrator.
• Work closely with Production Manager to optimise the production schedule.
• Identify risks in the supply chain.
Proven experience as production planner within a manufacturing environment
Knowledge of demand planning, capacity planning, material planning and scheduling
Excellent knowledge of production planning and quality control principles
Experience with MRP
Working knowledge of MS Office and Navision
The salary offered for this position is £30,000 up to £45,000 plus bonus to a candidate can meet all key qualifications and abilities.
We operate & advertise as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.