Permanent Staff | Luton
A well-established electronics manufacturer.
To primary purpose of the role of Quality Engineer is to provide support and expert knowledge across the business in all areas of the electronics manufacturing environment. This includes all aspects of QA / QC and improvement of process efficiency and quality levels. The Quality Engineer will provide support as the customer / regulatory authorities’ representative within the company
• Ensure product is manufactured to the required quality standards
• Promote the company’s “right first time” policy eliminating failures whilst maximising efficiency of the manufacturing process and ensuring adherence to all aspects of the company’s accreditations and customer requirements
• Effectively manage the Corrective and Preventive action process, co-ordinating CAR root causes and corrective actions for both in-house and customer returns (RMA) and complaints, with follow up checks to verify implementation
• Provide monthly quality reports to the Management team including KPI’s for quality objectives, results of audits and statistical analysis to monitor and identify areas for continuous improvement
• Identify and implement potential improvements, including cost reduction and yield or process improvements; lead/participate in continuous improvement team activity meetings
• Be the Customer Liaison for product quality within the internal customer focus teams
• Supervise skills matrix assessments and training
• Liaise with engineering on the NPI process ensuring quality of build data / instructions and product configuration, provide quality feedback to the customer and inspection staging within the manufacturing process and defining quality plans
• Liaise with Logistics Team on supplier quality and assessments
• To represent Jaltek at business reviews, customer conference calls as required, providing accurate and up-to-date quality data and managing any customer issues to resolution in timeframe specified and to customers satisfaction, ensuring clear and timely communication
• Ensure all processes are stringently adhered to, any gaps or process improvements should be reviewed with relevant departments / personnel & effective remedial actions taken in a timely manner including updating supporting documentation in QMS
• Act as deputy in absence of the Quality Manager
• Experience of a manufacturing environment (preferably Contract Electronics Manufacture)
• Understanding and experience of IPC-A 610 / IPC 7711/7712, BS EN 9100 & ISO 13485 requirements, and internal auditing (trained) to these standards
• Proven experience in a Quality role
• Experienced in carrying out internal Audits
• Experienced in the use of Root Cause Analysis techniques
• Proven experience in lean manufacturing, FMEA / Risk assessments, supply chain development, Kaizen and 5s programs in a customer focused, dynamic electronic controls manufacturing facility.
The salary offered for this position is £29,000- £35,000 to a candidate that can meet all key qualifications and abilities.