Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Permanent Staff | Crawley
A well-established electronics manufacturer.
You will work with other engineering team members during the design stage to ensure products are commercially viable.
You will work in conjunction with our Electronics, NPI, Engineering support and manufacturing departments based in the UK. You’ll also need to actively work with the manufacturing and design team based in China.
• Senior Mechanical Engineer designing the company products.
• Renders for customer presentations or to assist with Sales requests.
• Management of your own workload against project timelines.
• Produce progress reports for all aspects of the projects.
• Prepare 3D files for Rapid prototype manufacture.
• Designs to be cost effective and if needed tailored to suit production capabilities/facilities.
• Liaise with Engineering Departments and our China factory.
• Assist with the design of production Jigs and fixtures, packaging, testers, etc.
• Improve the manufacturability of current products through design improvements.
• To modify drawings & 3D models during the Engineering Change Note (ECN) process.
• General Drawing office maintenance jobs to ensure the smooth running of the department.
• 3D assemblies.
• Create 2D drawings for production.
• Tolerance reviews of parts and assemblies.
• Bill of Material creation on top level drawings.
• Obtain tooling quotes.
Proven track record and experience as a Senior Mechanical Engineer.
Excellent Solid Works knowledge.
Excellent Drawing office knowledge and good working practices.
Comprehensive understanding of Product design life cycle.
Ability to work with other members and departments for the good of the project.
The ability to manage your and other team member’s workload.
Knowledge of plastics and moulding techniques, to product design rather than industrial design.
Ideally possessing a 1st or 2nd class honours degree in an engineering discipline with previous proven experience.
The salary offered for this position is £35,000- £50,000 to a candidate that can meet all key qualifications and abilities.