Ensuring the supply of the required production material, in the right quality, on time and cost effective.
In addition to this as our Strategic Buyer you will be responsible for:
• Reducing quality defects of supplied products
• Improving Supplier on time delivery to 90% within one week
• Reducing dependency on one supplier
• Reducing cost of supply
• Increasing standardisation of supply
• Prioritise products or product categories according to the impact of quality, timely supply and cost
• Work along the Stage Gate Process to qualify new/existing suppliers.
• Continued evaluation the outcome of the key accountabilities (OTD, NCRs, price changes, sourcing dependency, supply ready to use)
In order to be successful in this role it is essential that you have:
• Good knowledge of high mix, low volume purchasing environment
• Working in a team environment with engineering, manufacturing, logistics, quality, purchasing, planning, sales
• Experienced in dealing with suppliers
• Experience buying low volume, high value products.