Design and supply equipment for the oil, gas and petrochemical industry worldwide. Their recent success has created a rare and exciting opportunity to join one of the world’s market leaders. They are seeking a Technical Sales Executive with heat transfer or combustion experience.
As an integral member of the UK Sales Department, the Sales Executive will report directly to the Head of Sales. The role is to proactively support the Sales and Process teams with the coordination of technical sales activities from bid identification, tracking the quote compilation process through to successful order award and handover to the Project Engineering team.
• Proactive identification of enquiries at the early stages of client project approval
• Assess new sales leads and opportunities
• Develop initial tenders in conjunction with Process and Estimating teams
• Support Sales Managers with tenders and administration as required
• Mentor and train the Sales Administrator
• Manage the completion of pre-qualification applications
• Ensure relevant bid/estimate signoffs are attained in line with procedures
• Check technical documents are in line with procedures
• Work with the Estimating team to expand the supply chain by researching and identifying new suppliers
• General sales and admin duties as required, including occasional ad hoc projects
• Potential client visits and secondment to other departments
• Assist in the development of new admin systems and streamlining of the department
• Participate in Sales and Strategy meetings
• Represent at trade events, dinners, seminars etc
• Develop the website and any other social media/marketing potential, developing new ideas and initiatives.
• Ensure CRM system is current, and all users are inputting accurately and in a timely manner.
• Produce monthly order pipeline reports and other CRM reports as required.
• Coordinate travel logistics and hospitality during client visits
• Provide support and back-up for the Estimating function
A formal technical background would be advantageous but not essential
Previous experience of working in a technical sales / solution engineering environment
Demonstrable commercial acumen and tactical thinking
Some experience of negotiation skills, would be desirable
Self-starter, able to use initiative and perseverance to see tasks through to the end
Capable of building relationships by phone / email and competent at extracting key information from clients
Extremely organised with good attention to detail
Able to manage and prioritise a diverse workload
Able to work quickly and accurately under pressure
Competent use of CRM systems and MS Office
The minimum salary offered for this position is £30,000pa however the client may pay up to £40,000 pa to a candidate that can meet all key qualifications and abilities.
We operate & advertise as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions