Workshop/Project Manager/Robotic Engineer
My client has an excellent opportunity for a Workshop Manager/Robotic Engineer to join its team here in Bedfordshire, the job role will be based at our headquarters within our workshop refurbishing ABB, KUKA and Fanuc Robots and integrating them into robotic systems and applications, you will also be responsible for a team of 6 other engineers
The position will allow you to work with a variety of different technologies and become more experienced in this field, you will need to work in a project oriented environment and you will be responsible for managing multiple projects and teams
Job Title: Workshop Manager/Robotic Engineer
• Managing multiple projects
• Managing a team of engineers
• Responsible for all functions within the workshop
• Working alongside the head engineer
• Create weekly/monthly/quarterly activity plans
• Full department budget responsibility, reducing costs whilst maximizing efficiencies
• Contributing to overall business strategy
• Refurbish robots, controllers and positioners.
• Aid customers with problems.
• Be able to conduct basic fault finding.
• Be part of the support desk team.
• Attend on site service and breakdowns if and when required.
• Have a basic understanding of fitting welding equipment, spindles and grippers.
• Have a good understanding of ABB, FANUC and KUKA.
• Have a good understanding of electrical and mechanical aspects of industrial robots.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
Experience required: 3-5 years
Qualifications: Level 3 and upwards in electrical, mechanical or mechatronic engineering, any other management/business related qualifications or training.